Sunday, September 16, 2007

Winter time *BRRRRR*

Ciao tutti,

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's winter!! And it's soooooooooooooooooooooo cold! At least, that's what the Italians would have you think! As the summer holidays are over this obviously means that winter has started. Even though it's still between 25 and 30 degrees, it's not uncommon to see people walking around in winter coats and sweaters. Italians have a very interesting perception of time. The actual weather is of no consequence but the perceived and logically deduced wintriness such wins out. When summer officially ended at 3rd September, the public transport services actually introduced the 'orario invernale', the winter timetable... Seriously are they crazy?

Going back to work and acclimatising took some time. After being gone for three weeks Milan didn't feel like home anymore - and neither did our apartment. I'm slowly getting used to it again. The same goes for teaching. It was great seeing some of my old students again and hearing about their summers, but I can't do it on auto-pilot anymore. I really need my preparation time now, but I suppose that will change soon. I've also started my new 'job', I am now responsible for Corporate English' financial and personnel administration. It sounds more than it is, but it's nice. I haven't really done much yet, except for studying some documents and reading some instructions, but it doesn't seem like rocket science so I'll manage.

Last Thursday there was a Corporate English get-to-gether at Hora Feliz I enjoyed quite well and on Friday we went to a long-desired sushi meal at Wasabi with some of my colleagues. Yesterday evening we ate and drank far too much at Más with Idil and Felix - but OMG it was so good. That's one thing I've missed about Milan the wonderful food!

I don't have that much to say yet because everything is still starting up. I'm looking forward rather than back right now and that seems like a good thing. So, talk to you soon when I will actually have things to say!

XXX, Fe
There's n

No comments: