Sunday, December 02, 2007

Parties & trips

Ciao tutti,

Good news! My computer is working again, sort of. Thanks to computer doctor Jorryt I can use my hard drive again, although it is patched up with pieces of cellotape or a cast or something. Anyway, all basic functions are covered so I’m temporarily saved. This way I’m able to save all my documents and can at least use the Internet until my new hard drive arrives around Christmas when Jorryt and Lilian are coming to visit. Thank you so much, Jorryt, I don’t know what I would have done without you! And yes, I know, I am a stupid f*ck for dropping my computer…

Anyway, on to happier topics. The last month has been a busy one, which it had to be because I really need the money. I spent more money than I had last summer and September, being the slow month that it always is, didn’t help much. I’ve been working a lot in October and November to make up for this and I’m glad that I’ve succeeded relatively well. December is going to be hell again because my school closes for Christmas and there is at least one random public holiday before that. So even if I had had a computer to update my blog, I probably wouldn’t have had enough time anyway…

This is even more true because I have been using my free time well. November was a month filled with parties and trips that have been very instrumental in helping me to relax and to get my mind off work. Unfortunately, they are also responsible for a lot of sleep deprivation and some particularly nasty hangovers… but that has all been worth it.

Caroline’s amazing Halloween party was the definite kick-off to this season of fun, food and booze and I have already posted a lot of pictures to show you what it was like. It was wonderful and I got very drunk for the first time in a long time. We went home really late and were completely ready to walk all the way from Repubblica to Porta Genova because there were no taxis available. We were absolutely baffled to encounter a tram that took us straight home at as early as 4h30 am. It might be interpreted as a sign from above that nothing was supposed to hinder our enjoyment and later remembering of this incredible party…

Two weeks later, it was time for me to finally celebrate my birthday. I had postponed because my parents were in town for my birthday and a lot of people were really busy the following weeks, but on November, 14 our apartment opened its doors to receive a lot of guests for a prosecco party for celebrate my birthday. A prosecco party? Yes, a prosecco party! Prosecco is amazing and we decided to organize a party where everyone would drink prosecco. How cool is that? Well, I enjoyed it anyway… And thanks to Olaf, there was so much extremely tasty food that all the guests could get a good dinner as well! I got some lovely gifts, among which a pink robe, a T-shirt, a strange game that we still haven’t figured out and, of course, Zachary the zen fountain, the newest addition to our household. Here are some pictures:


Annaïg & Gili


Olaf, Fernanda & Elena



Thea & Nissrine



Nina & Antonio



Fernanda, Olaf, Idil & Elena



Fernanda & Brian



Milena & me



Stefano & Elke



Elisa, Caroline & Stefano


Felix, Astrid & Mickael

*see next post*

No comments: