Saturday, October 30, 2010

Autumn in Charlottenburg Park

Last weekend, my father and his girlfriend paid us a visit to celebrate his birthday (22 Oct) and my own (28 Oct). Yes, folks, I have now officially entered the 30th year of my life... Which meant I could celebrate yet another birthday as a tween!!!! Anyway, as part of the weekend, we decided to spend some time at Schlosspark Charlottenburg to go for a stroll and admire some more autumn colours. Here are the pictures:










I did not really celebrate my birthday yesterday, but Olaf made us a very nice lasagne and got me cake. Nicole came over to celebrate with us and fun was had, lovely food was eaten, presents were unwrapped, games were played and wine was drunk. It was a very nice, quiet night.

One of the reason I did not celebrate is because we are having a big Halloween party at out house tonight. We have decorated the house with cobwebs, evil paintings, red-eyed critters and whatnot, there's blood on the walls and a dead body in the bath tub and our costumes are going to be awesome. Olaf even got all traditional and carved faces into a couple of pumpkins to get that real Halloween vibe going. I cannot wait for the party to start. Pictures to follow shortly!

Oh, and today is our first wedding anniversary. Which is apparently either called your Cotton (UK) or Paper (US) Anniversary, the names based on the presents you would traditionally get. Nowadays, however, I have read clocks have become the more popular first anniversary gift in the US. So, does that make today into our Clock Wedding Anniversary? How bizarre...

No comments: