Monday, October 08, 2007

Düsseldorf!

Ciao tutti,

Last weekend, we went to Düsseldorf in Germany to visit Stephanie, one of Olaf's uni friends. She and her boyfriend Henning came to visit us last year and we had such a blast that we decided to go and visit them in their new hometown. Unfortunately, Henning had gone off on his trip around the world (and who could blame him, seriously?!?!), so it was just the three of us. It was great! Even though we hadn't seen Stephie for almost a year, we immediately hit it off again, laughed a lot and enjoyed the city immensely. We were supposed to fly around 2 pm last Saturday but RyanAir apparently felt the need to change flight times so we didn't arrive until midnight. It shortened our visit a lot, but hey, at least we got to see Stephie! And I got to practise my German a little bit. Although I'm not too crazy about the Germans language and Germans in general, I realised that I do love their beer culture. They have these amazing breweries in the city, where you can just sit or stand outside on the street and have home-brewed beer, and nobody looks at you like you're a sad, stupid and lower-class alcoholic!!!

Here are some pictures:













I could tell you a lot about our weekend, but - as stated earlier - the pictures speak for themselves. Consequently, I leave you with a cordial 'Guten nacht!'

XXX, Fe

No comments: