Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bart & Tineke's wedding

The last big thing I need to tell you guys about is the wedding we went to last week. We were honoured to be of the party when Bart promised eternal love and devotion to his amazing Tineke. He could not have a chosen a more beautiful spouse and they both looked brilliant. The got married in a beautiful chamber at the old city hall in The Hague and after that we were swiftly transported by tour bus to a beach club near Scheveningen for the reception and the party. Here are some of the pictures we took of the event:


The bride and groom

Joost and Kim, who are to be wed in August, were nice enough to let us stay


The happy couple about to drive off into the sunset in Bart's personally done up VW beetle cabrio. Quite literally into the sunset, actually, as they are going to be cruising through Italy, the land of sunset, for their honeymoon


After a while, the bride started to announce the less formal part of the wedding, i.e. the party, by messing up her groom's hair

Olaf tried to make a pass at the groom


And I tried to take steal some of the bride's brilliance

But in the end we had to admit they looked too perfect together and we decided to content ourselves with each other


We had taken an extremely early morning flight in and had some time to visit The Hague before the wedding. And where did we accidentally end up? At the gay pride, obviously!

For some pictures click here.

I have now brought you up-to-date of all the great things that have been happening in my life. I have got some more work on as well, which is not bad at all. The one thing I have to get used to is having to start teaching at 7.30am on two consecutive days, which seems to be a lot for my body to be able to cope with and I have not been sleeping well since that started. Oh well, as soon as I get into a rhythm it will be fine.

The sun is out and the temperature has suddenly gone up a bit. It is now 25-30 degrees C on a daily basis and I am actually started to get a summery feeling. No doubt that will all change again very soon, what with the fickle Berlin weather, but one must look at the bright side of life. I did all my summer shopping today and have decided not to wear anything but linen trousers and summer shirts until September, come rain or come shine. Olaf has left for a series of conferences and I have basically got the rest of this month to myself. I am planning to relax, get a tan and work on my social life.

And cycling back through Tiergarten park around noon, looking at all the unemployed Germans showing off their perfect bodies (for unemployed people have far too much time on their hands and all go the gym all day), with my summer playlist at maximum volume on my MP3 player (Taio Cruz' 'Break your Heart', Owl City's 'Fireflies' and Train's 'Hey Soul Sister' stand out this year), I realised I am quite content...

No comments: