Sunday, October 01, 2006

P.A.R.T.Y. weekend

Ciao tutti,

This has been a f*cking great weekend. It has been ages since I've partied for a whole weekend... Well, actually, it has been about a month but it feels like a long, long time. But fortunately the people in Milano know how to party. And I desperately needed to dance, drink and be merry!

On Friday night there was a teacher meeting at Corporate English and afterwards we went out for a lovely pizza. We were there for a couple of hours and it was a great occasion for me to get to know my colleagues. I especially liked my Spanish colleague, Monica. After a while it became obvious that the amount of wine one consumes is of direct influence on one's eloquence in a language one cannot speak very well. My Italian and Spanish really improved that night! After dinner we went to a bar for some drinks and afterwards (after a lot begging and pushing) we finally went dancing. People got drunk from all the cocktails and completely lost their sense of shame and apprehension. There was a live band which played current popular music and I got to shake my lovely behind as much as I loved. Monica shared my desire to dance and we really went at it. It's always good to have a friend one can be slutty with on the dance floor... And the cool thing is, even my bosses were there and they were drinking, dancing and acting slutty just as much as we were. It really didn't feel like we were colleagues, directors and subordinates but more like a group of friends. Mi piaceva!

Yesterday we went to Antonio's birthday party, which was very funny and interesting. We met some really stuck up Irish girls, who were twins by the way, and their brother who had completely lost his way. One of the girls had acually worked for The English Academy, the company I started teaching trial lessons with but decided I didn't want to work for, and we exchanged experiences. Apparently their method has changed quite a lot over the years, because they didn't use to believe in a full-immersion method to instruct new teachers. Anto and Nina were lovely: we had some drinks, ate far too much of the lovely snacks they had made, talked about a lot of nonsense and danced like we were back in Dio. We actually got quite drunk and because we had obviously missed the last tram (we left at 4.30 a.m.) we had to walk home. Personally, I thought it was only a twenty minute walk and Antonio agreed, but it turned out to be about a 1,5 hour walk! Or maybe it just seemed that way because we were drunk... Who can tell? At least, it gave us plenty of time to fight in a drunken manner and accuse each other of all kinds of things we don't remember now...

Anyway, we obviously didn't do anything today, except sleeping late (until 4.30 p.m.!), complaining about our headaches and watching movies. In brief, a perfect Sunday...

Ciao,

Fe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tja, da's wel een ander weekend dan ik had: Workshop herfstdecoraties maken en sporten / sauna. Ben inmiddels wel 12 kg. afgevallen... En jij? Bierbuikje of pizzabuikje???

Elsje Fiederelsje

Anonymous said...

Well, what a coincidence: I too went to the sauna (in Geldrop this time - everything was sooooo stylish!!!) and had a massage... after that we went to a concert of DAC and Opgezwolle and I'm still not wholly recovered. So my weekend was pretty damn great too.

Oh, and on saturday I discovered that it's really relaxing to drag your mattress to your sunny balcony and to fall asleep on it...

I'm glad to read you found yourself some new slutty party-friends, but try not to forget us, ok ;)

Love, reneetje

Anonymous said...

hee Fedor,
zag een link naar je blog op Marike's site. Leuke site en 't klinkt alsof je het super voor elkaar hebt daar in bella Italia! En leuke foto's van jullie huisje! Ik zit ook nog steeds in 't buitenland, maar dan in 'n iets regenachtiger, maar daarom niet minder gezellig, buitenland, nl Cork in Ierland! Ben hier Latijnse en Griekse grammaticacursus aan 't geven aan de eerstejaars en geinteresseerden, en bevalt goed (al heb ik ook nog 'n hoop te leren als het gaat over lesgeven).
Take care and xxx,
Nienke

Anonymous said...

FEEEEDOOOR! Did you already know that I also moved to a different city? All right, The Hague is nothing compared to Milano, but it still is more of a world city than 'Nijmoland'.
Yes, you guessed right, I live with Jessica now. It is really great!
Love
Noortje

Anonymous said...

Ciao Fe!

Sounds excellent, zo'n weekendje party! Vorige week konden we er hier in Londen ook wat van - maar goed, nu is het weer back to work (in the cold and rain!) Ah well, I'm not complaining... I still love London! (But am really looking forward to visiting Milano again)

Baci XXX, Marike