Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stress and anticipation

Today will be the beginning of a new era: the era of visitors. And to start off well, we'll be having eight of them over the period of seven days starting today. Of course, having visitors is great and I'm really looking forward to it, but it also takes a lot of time to prepare and create a programme for sightseeing, going out, food, sleep and so on... And of course the house has to be spick and span. But we're going to have such a great time!

The visitors arriving today are my mother, my brothers and my sister-in-law (although my brother and sister-in-law aren't actually married, girlfiend just sounds so lame, as if it's some random bimbo who is the flavour of the month, which she's not because she's way too cool and sweet). I'm really excited they're coming because I really want to show them my - our - new place, my new town and all the cool things you can do here. And of course I really want to talk to all of them again! You can only get to a certain kind of intimacy using msn or email, but it just doesn't compare to meeting face to face. Besides, it's my oldest brother's birthday today, so we're going to have ourselves a little party tonight!!!

On Saturday, we will be joined by Olaf's parents who are coming over for a quick two-day visit. As we haven't seen them about as long as we haven't seen my family, this will be a treat as well! On Sunday, Bard, one of Olaf's friends, and his friend Marlous are coming over, which means we'll be a party of ten that day! Sitting here in anticipation of all these people and all the attention I'm going to get (I can't help it, egomania is just in my blood! And what's wrong with wanting to be the centre of attention, eh?), I'm just feeling lucky... And that's a good note to end on!

Ciao, Fe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fedor,

klinkt als een superweekje! Ik heb net een leuk weekend met Jeroen achter de rug, hij is voor 't eerst in Ierland geweest en vond 't super! We zijn naar de kust geweest, en natuurlijk 'n paar leuke Ierse pubs in geweest. Alleen jammer dat we ook helemaal veregend zijn... Nu is 't voor mij verkouden en moe back to work. Lesgeven met 'n schorre stem is niet alles, heb ik vandaag gemerkt.

Nou, ik ga m'n Iers even voorbereiden. Geniet ervan deze week en tot gauw weer!

xxx
Nienke